From September 2014, all local authorities must publish in one place information about the services they expect to be available in their area for children and young people 0 - 25 who have special educational needs and/or disabilities. This is known as the Local Offer.
The development of a Local Offer is one of a number of changes to the way children and young people with SEND are supported that are part of the Children and Families Act.
Information included in Local Offer:
The Local Offer must include information about the services that we believe will normally be available in Wokingham.
This will include:
- Education, health and care provision
- Arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND
- How services are accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- Arrangements for supporting children and young people move between school phases
- Services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- Arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to
- The SEND Tribunal Sources of support, advice and information
- Information for feedback and review of the Local Offer
**St Teresa’s Local Offer can be found below.**
If you are concerned about your child’s progress or feel they may have additional needs please contact your child’s teacher in the first instance. For more information about the SEND reforms please request an appointment with our Special Needs Co-ordinator, Mrs Bunn, via the school office.