Support Services for Children, Families and our Community within Wokingham
At St Teresa’s Catholic Academy we celebrate the achievement of every individual, offering opportunities for all to develop as life-long learners. We value all children equally and welcome children with special educational needs as part of our inclusive approach.
We recognise most children and parents need support at some time. We have an established team and trained staff who focus on support for our children and their family. There are many support services available to residents within the borough.
Please contact Mrs Louise Gray, our Pastoral Lead, via the school office. She will work with you to identify the best support / information to address your concerns.
Reasons for contacting us include:
· Family bereavement
· Family break up
· Educational concerns
· Behavioural concerns
· Medical related issues
· Parenting related questions eg bed wetting, night routine
Parent Support Advisers will:
· Work with parents and carers to help them become more involved with the school
· Support parents and carers to take up learning opportunities themselves
· Offer support to parents when children first show signs of social emotional, health or behavioural difficulties
· Let parents and carers know of other agencies and support in the community
· Offer one-to-one support and parenting programmes to parents needing additional support
· Signpost to specialist services
Any situation which impacts on your child’s wellbeing, health, happiness or academic success can be supported by us.
Please use our Links (within the Help section) for local information on such areas as Children's Centres, Leisure Centres, childcare and holiday schemes.